In 2013, Wood-Mizer celebrated a significant anniversary: ten years of ISO 9001 certified band blade production. The ISO 9001 certification is a series of international standards that describes the requirements for a quality management system for organizations and enterprises.
The first time an international audit of Wood-Mizer’s blade production in Poland was fully implemented and completed in accordance to the ISO 9001 standards was in March of 2003. Since then, annual external audits have confirmed Wood-Mizer’s commitment to the strictest implementation of ISO 9001 demands, and certificates were renewed in 2006, 2009 and 2012.
The last international commission visited and evaluated Wood-Mizer in November of 2012. During the last ten years, Wood-Mizer blades manufacuring has been reviewed by more than 120 internal and external audits.How does this impact Wood-Mizer Blade customers?
At each stage of production, the quality control system was introduced, starting from the ordering and supplement of steel and ending with the actual technological process, packaging, storage, sale, and up to the delivery of the product to the customers and further service.
Here are the key places in the production where Wood-Mizer technicians check the control measurements:
1) Quality control of incoming steel after its delivery to the plant
2) Measuring and testing the quality of the material in the laboratory
3) Measurements during tooth press punching
4) Measurements during the induction hardening of the teeth
5) Measurements in tooth setting, grinding and cutting the band
6) Tests of the strength of the weld on the bending machines
7) Selective testing of blade workability on the Wood-Mizer sawmills.
Reaching ten years of abiding by this standard gives customers the additional assurance that Wood-Mizer supplies quality and durable blades. The process also ensures that Wood-Mizer provides their quality blades at the best possible price.